Christchurch at a Very Short Glimpse

Christchurch, July 25th 2015

YHA Rolleston House
I had a little more than half an hour to hop on my shuttle to International Antarctic Centre, so I decided to take a couple of shots of the vicinity while the sky was blue.

Rolleston Avenue
Lucky me, the shuttle bus stop was just across my hostel in front of the Canterbury Museum.

Canterbury Museum
Let alone Canterbury Museum, i-Site which was just next to it, offered much to learn about. Well, New Zealand never runs short of that. The i-Site staffs were friendly and eager. I was allowed to leave my suitcase with them while I went for a walk to the botanic garden. Politely I told them that I wanted to enjoy the outdoors.

The botanic garden next to Canterbury Museum
Despite being winter, beds of flower still colored the sides of the path.



Actually I took a picture of this because of its unique feature, tall and yet seemingly not having a trunk. However, I learned that this is a century-old tree, which are only few left in New Zealand.

The Tudor-style Curator's House, built in 1920.
It is now used for dining and education.

Back to Rolleston Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment