One Sunday Market in Wellington

Wellington, July 19th 2015

It was a Sunday being just as its name: Sun Day. It was the day when weather forecasters predicted terrible bad storm, when just the night before I thought my room window was going to fall off. It was the day when food was on everyone's mine.
Sunday Market at Wellington Harbour
Shame thing to confess, this was my first Sunday Market experience overseas. Everytime my itinerary just didn't match. This time it would hadn't been either had not my ferry to Picton been canceled due to bad weather forecast.














To be noted, this was not the only truck unloading vegetables and fruits.

To be noted also, there were many food trucks on a variety of international cuisine. To name a few, Korean, Thai, Indian, but most proud of: A Bite of Indonesia.
This one was interesting. You see that Caucasian guy? He spoke Indonesian. I heard him talking with another Chinese looking guy who was the one taking orders, delivering, and receiving payment. At first I thought that Chinese looking guy couldn't speak English. But then I heard him promoting and calling his guests in perfect English. Wow. Smart. Being heard talking in Indonesian would be an extra selling point. Imagine walking in a let's say, Japanese restaurant, outside Japan. You hear the waiters speak Japanese, then your food automatically taste more Japanese. Right? Then there was another guy facing back, busy with the stove only. When he turned his head, a native Indonesian, confirmed. The authenticity of this Komodo must be one hundred percent. Of that Garuda above also.

As for me, I opted for something I wouldn't find back home and neither would I possibly have in the long future: Hungarian Chimney Cake.

The base tool.
Smear with butter (or oil?)
Tie the dough.
Put it in the oven.
Take it out.
Apply the paste (sort of jam?) and roll it to make even.
Push the "chimeny" off.
Leave the "chimney" to cool down.
Roll on the topping.
Wrap with plastic.
Mine was walnut.
The other varieties.
Indian cuisine.
One of the Indian food trucks caught my attention. The name. If added with an "H" written as "masalah dosa", in Indonesian that would mean "sin problem". But it says "gluten free". So it should be no problem. Hahaha.

Out of curiosity I googled. Oh, so "dosa" is "pancake". Quoting from the website of Masala Dosa
Masala Dosa Restaurant is a unique Indian eatery named after a popular south Indian breakfast dish. The dish consists of a crispy rice and lentil pancake (dosa) served traditionally with a potato curry, coconut sauce (chutney) and a spicy vegetable and lentil broth called sambar.

No comments:

Post a Comment