TranzAlpine Scenic Journey Begins

From Christchurch to Arthur's Pass,
July 22nd 2015


My next awaited moment finally came: TranzAlpine with KiwiRail. This time I completely left commentaries. Pictures are far important.
Snow, snow! My heart pounded.
Passengers on the viewing carriage were like crazy moving left and right to the sides of the carriage.
 Maybe we practically clicked to wherever on whichever, because whatever it is, it would make a good picture.
However, on whichever Kiwi ride I took, I never succeeded making a descent shot of a river scene.
Waimakariri River through the bars of a bridge. Huge bridge, huge river.
We are rolling up... up... up.
 
 
New Zealand's imported icon: Sheep. Again.
Compare with first picture. The snow caps are almost on eye level now!
Aotearoa now "on the ground"??
Don't ask me which picture was from the right side of the carriage and which one was left.  Sometimes we were like tennis-match photojournalists. When one suddenly moved to the right side and made a click, everyone on the left side would rush to the right, point at the same direction.

See that electric poles and lines starting from bottom left going straight into the mountains?
Goosebumps over me. How can I be this close to Aotearoa, the (land of) long white cloud?
Stay tuned. We'll be riding through and into Aotearoa...

No comments:

Post a Comment