Along the Coastal Pacific

From Christchurch to Kaikoura,
December 27th 2015

The viewing carriage.
Inside KiwiRail Scenic Journey's train.

Yay!
My summer-only Coastal Pacific KiwiRail is waiting for me!









I'm impressed by the idea of a hand-grip like this. It makes it convenient for one to move along the aisle, especially when the train is on the move. By holding on this hand-grip, you won't accidentally touch someone's head or mistakenly get someone's hair between your fingers. I hate it when my hair gets pulled like that. Similar idea was also applied in the tram in Christchurch, if you noticed that in my previous post.

From the cafeteria on board.










It's funny. Of which part of Indonesia? So unfamiliar.

I had been informed that sprinkles like this are computerized in order to ensure each area get the same amount of water.










Wherever you travel by road in New Zealand, either by car or by train, or by bike, you just got to believe that in New Zealand there are more sheep than people.


Hay for winter preparation?

Do you see those tiny white dots? Sheep again.

Waiau River

The nearer we got to Kaikoura, the greyer the sky.

Kids, and adults, flocked to the viewing carriage, to spot out fur seals.

Having had tens of encounters with fur seals last winter, I cared more for the rocks than the seals :D

Behind our train, the sky kept some blue hue still. But, phew. To be able to shoot, was lucky.
Forget about composition.


A photo posted by Shuni Vashti (@automidori) on

 Stretching out my smartphone in the air, at last, I could make a decent shot :D

The last moments before the viewing carriage was locked,
before pulling over in Kaikoura.

No comments:

Post a Comment