Crack!

Now it is about my other purpose coming back to Kaikoura: sunrise. However, let me roll back time to:

From Sydney to Christchurch, December 25th 2015

"This time, maybe, I would be able to capture the full moon," I thought.

Moonlight of the fullest over the sea of clouds.
I have another one here, and... how about capturing without a CPL filter, leaving the filter to the aircraft's window glass? I unscrewed my Hoya CPL HD, placed it between my thighs, continued snapping, while the sky continued bursting its colors.


I cleared up my treasure, but... ooops my Hoya got dirty. I rubbed the line with my finger. The line stayed. I raised the filter above my seat... ooops... Is this a crack?!? Cold sweat swap my back. Thinking that New Zealand was an expensive country, I had decided I should give her remarkable landscapes all the best I could to bring back the best from that high cost I had, and was going to, pay for. Hence, the best filter. Now I haven't even set my feet on New Zealand yet, but the filter is already cracked. Don't you remind me that this filter is only a week old.

Ah, luckily it wasn't my two point five million rupiah Zeiss filter that got cracked. Life must go on.

#####

Kaikoura, December 28th 2015

Thanks to the Compass apps and Sunrise Sunset apps on my smartphone, yesterday I got the point where the sun would rise and at what time. Thanks to the alarm clock, too. I woke up, excited, and a bit nervous. I hope I can survive the cold wind outside there. First layer, second layer, I covered myself, and then drew the curtain open...

Oh, no!

Twilight has started!! A pinkish line crossed all over the ocean across my room. Quick!!

Crack!!

Uhm... this must be my glasses.

I lifted up my right palm and yes there it wass. The right handle of my glasses was broken. Last night I clearly heard it inside me, "Don't put your glasses on the bed. You might brake it." -- but I ignored it. How would it occur to me that there would be an occasion of getting startled by an early twilight, trying to balance my body with one hand while opening the curtain with another? And right then, my glasses would be just in between my palm and my bed.

But twilight and sun have no time to empathize. Life must go on.

That pinkish line I saw from my room had turned into light orange. It was here where I realized, that line wasn't cloud. Not aotearoa, either. All over from the mountains behind me up to the horizon, a thick layer of cloud had covered the sky. 

Then like the crack on my Hoya filter, a line separated the horizon from the layer of cloud, revealing a peek to the sky behind.  Of course it wasn't the majestic twilight I had expected. Ah, for this, I had broke my glasses. However, I had dragged my one kilo tripod all the way crossing two oceans one continent, and then dragged myself out of bed into this chilly-near-freezing air. Life must go on.

Surprise! The sun is showing up!



In everything, give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment