TranzAlpine: Moana - Arthur's Pass

TranzAlpine, July 24th 2015

Saying goodbye to Lake Brunner.
Crooked River
Why didn't Thomas Brunner name this river after his as well? Uhm.

Lake Brunner Road, maybe.

I'm not sure if this was exactly that Lake Brunner Road, but TranzAlpine does run along Lake Brunner Rd., departs for awhile and meets again. After several lakes passed by, the road is still Lake Brunner Rd. Out of curiosity, I checked out the map, that road is approximately 32.9 km long. Uhm.

A house matching the mountain top :D
Do you know that trees do gossipp... too? Here's how they look when they do so.
Lake Poerua
Pardon me, I'm just fascinated by that long white glitter on Lake Poerua's surface.
 
Eye Lake... hahaha. No one said so. Looking at this photo from a distance, it looks like something (somebody?) seen from the side, wearing a cap. Ah. never mind.

I bet, that brown one is the bull. 
Taramakau River
Look! The pebbles are reddish too here. Trentepohlia algae.
A review of what I had learned in Arthur's Pass.

Running through Otira Tunnel under the Southern Alps, passengers were not allowed on the viewing carriage. Time for a little something.
My first ice cream in New Zealand.
 Frankly speaking, it's too sweet.

Lamb shanks.
This one was okay.


At Arthur's Pass a big group of tourists got on.

They were fashionable, outmatching the Kiwis.
They were loud.
Undoubtedly excited.

At Christchurch, a huge tourist bus was already waiting.
From my shuttle bus I heard,
"See you one day in J Town!"
(not in English).

A lady siting behind me sighed to her husband,
"Oh! Those kids! They were so noisy inside the carriage."

Sometimes, being abroad,
it's good to keep in mind:
I am a guest.


No comments:

Post a Comment