Arthur's Pass up to Springfield Somewhere

TranzAlpine, July 24th 2015

A fellow passenger.
This is the third part of my shots on TranzAlpine from the point of Arthur's Pass to somewhere around Springfield. I boarded off in Christchurch, though. It was getting dark after Springfield, not so nice for taking pictures. Besides, I heard the announcement that the train's cafe was going to be closed whereas I had not exchanged my cappuccino voucher yet. I wonder, why don't they stay open longer?

If you have been following me, you know that I have taken this route in reversed on the way coming from Christchurch to Arthur's Pass and recorded the shots in two parts: TranzAlpine Scenic Journey Begins and Aotearoa Wonderland. You might be surprise now how the scenes don't look quite the same. One factor, different time of the day. Coming from Christchurch, it was early morning. This time from Arthur's Pass it's afternoon time. Hence, different lighting. The other fact is when I came from Christchurch, there was more snow, causing the bare trees whitish.
This time those bare trees look reddish. You'll see.
A little close up towards Waimakariri River.
 
The biggest difference this time, however, there's no thrill of literally riding into Aotearoa,
the land of the long white cloud. That two days ago was truly lucky.
Mystical?
Just in case someone would call this art :D

Since I came to Auckland Domain, I had been fascinated by the red edges of bare trees like in here. I'm trying hard to remember if I have ever seen such during winter on the northern hemisphere. I can't recall any.

In case someone would call this art, again :D
Actually I'm fascinated by that long white dripping snow. Even though the snow appearance today is different, that snow pattern on the mountain top stays the same. You can compare it with this one. I bet that's sort of a frozen river.
These were whitish instead of reddish on the day I came from Christchurch to Arthur's Pass.
Cows on the farm.
Another kind of wonderland, yet same place.
I'm still figuring out where those places were.
But let me be frank. These are bad pictures.
The reality was ten times stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment