Avon River Walk

Christchurch, December 26th 2015

I had been constantly wondering, why don't those countries, why doesn't my country, support travel freaks in the way like Japan -- until I came to New Zealand. Similar (not exactly) to Japan, at bus terminals, train stations, hostels, you can easily get materials of information on places to visit, for free. Most people appear more than happy to provide you with further details. i-Site is the same thing as Japan's みどりの窓口.

On my last day during previous winter trip, I stuffed my suitcase with booklets and pamphlets related to my summer upcoming trip. Among them was "Avon River Walk". Based on that booklet alone, I could decide the route of my river walk and at which place along the route I would like to stop by. Accordingly, I booked a hostel located in between Avon River and the railway station. Thanks to Google Maps.

Antigua Boat Sheds
Wild flowers like these, were just everywhere all over the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment