Crossing the Cook Strait with Kaitaki

Cook Strait, July 20th 2015

Sailing on Kaitaki, one of Interislander's ferry, crossing Cook Strait from Wellington to Picton was my funniest moment. I laughed at myself over and over for feeling... how to say? Such a plebeian? So ndeso, my countrymen would say. The ferry consisted of 10 floors. No seat numbers. Restaurants, super spacious lounges, cafes, a theater, cabins, kid's playground... I had a hard time deciding where to sit. But before that, making sure I was actually inside the ferry already. Who knows this is just the boarding hall? That checking out, was only between me and I. Ndeso to the max.
181.6 metres (equivalent to almost two rugby fields) of length, the largest ferry operating in New Zealand waters.

Reminding me of the autumn views on the Northern Hemisphere.




It's Picton.
Wild birds inside the cafe of Interislander Terminal in Picton waiting patiently for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment