On the Way, Picton - Kaikoura

From Picton to Kaikoura, July 20th 2015

Because KiwiRail's Coastal Pacific doesn't operate during winter, I took Intercity Bus from Picton to Kaikoura.

The bus driver and bus attendant were friendly and along the way the driver provided commentaries. Here are some of the views along the way. Please pardon the reflection on the glass window.
Wairau River, if I'm not mistaken.
 
 
Bare vineyards due to winter season.
Though not always, the traffic road ran alongside the railway road.
Blenheim
I congratulated myself for taking a seat on the right side, because it was there where the mountains rolled under blue sky.
But the blue sky didn't last ever after.
Vineyards were everywhere. But now, under greyish sky.
The sea roared gracefully on our left side.
That congratulating myself didn't last forever as well. I gapsed at the view of seashore on our left. Mountains on my very right side. Seashore on my very left side. Stunning. Rare experience. I should have purchased two tickets, one for a seat on the right and one for a seat on the left.

Back to the ride side of our bus.
My happy place in Kaikoura.
As usual, I always book my accommodations in advance. But the accommodation I had booked turned out to be nothing but nuts. Thus, the shuttle driver brought me back to the town center -- where only 4000 people resided -- and recommended Fish Tank Lodge to me. It was great. Right across Intercity's bus stop, a few steps away from i-Site, free (and yet speedy!) WiFi, friendly staffs. I'll be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment