Esplanade Road Along the Way

Kaikoura, July 21st 2015

In quest for fur seals on the peninsula, I walked a 4.5 km one way from Fish Tank Lodge. Luckily I did meet the fur seals and their pups. Many many many. Hence, well paid off indeed. Nevertheless, the journey itself was something to picture in many many many.
Kaikoura Beach
Had I woken up earlier, I would have caught a glorious sunrise view. I didn't expect this morning to be the complete opposite of the evening before.
Esplanade Road.
See photo below for a close up near the trees.
This is a close up of the above photo.
However, that clear blue sky didn't last long. Thick clouds came rolling in.
The other side of the beach, facing towards the peninsula direction.
Kept on walking. Then just minutes later, look at the sky!
It's a result of playing with white balance. No, it's not sunrise nor sunset.
Somehow my direction of walking was keeping the disturbing clouds behind. Thus, could enjoy sunshine a bit longer.
No matter what you say, I would like to call this "art". Aha.
Red-billed gull... again.
Southern black-backed gull.
It was great, because the ones I saw in Wellington were still juveniles.
Do you see why I think these are funny?
Fyffe House, the town’s oldest surviving building established 1842 on whale bones originally Robert Fyffe's whaling station.
A duck has just returned from his morning swim.
Besides sea gulls, there were ducks too. The ducks seemed to have so much fun rolling up up up and down down down the high waves. It was like life couldn't be any better than that.
Flowers along the way...
Thanks to the clear water.
Where are, the fur seals?? I know you are asking.
Next post, please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment